These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our services directly or indirectly (through distributors) made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our website or any of our applications through whatever platform (hereafter collectively referred to as the "website") and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below (including the privacy statement).
Scope of our Service
Through the website, we (BusSeat.lk and its affiliate (distribution) partners) provide an online platform through which bus service providers permitted by Nationa Transport Commission, Sri Lanka, can integrate their buses for reservation, and through which passengers to the website can make such reservations. By making a reservation through BusSeat.lk, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the bus service provider at which you book. From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the provider, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant bus service provider and sending you a confirmation text for and on behalf of the bus service provider.
When rendering our services, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by bus service providers. As such, the bus service providers are given access to an account through which they are fully responsible for updating all rates, availability and other information which is displayed on our website. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our services we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), any interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our website or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information. Each bus service provider remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information (including the rates and availability of seats) displayed on our website. Our website does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification or (star) rating of any buses made available.
Our services are made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or services available on our website for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
1. BusSeat.lk is an online marketplace. It does not operate bus services of its own. In order to provide a comprehensive choice of bus operators, departure times and prices to customers, it has tied up with many bus operators.
Our advice to customers is to choose bus operators they are aware of and whose service they are comfortable with.
Our responsibilities include:
Our responsibilities do NOT include:
2. The arrival and departure times mentioned on the ticket are only tentative timings . However the bus will not leave the source before the time that is mentioned on the ticket.
3. Passengers are required to furnish the following at the time of boarding the bus:
Failing to do so, they may not be allowed to board the bus.
4. Change of bus: In case the bus operator changes the type of bus due to some reason, BusSeat.lk will refund the differential amount to the customer upon being intimated by the customers in 48 hours of the journey.
5. Cancellation Policy: The tickets booked through BusSeat.lk are cancelable. Kindly note that the money will be not charged back to the passenger's credit/debit card. Instead the money will be refunded to a Sri Lankan bank account or PayPal account.
Please note that the cancellation fee and cancellation period may differ from one bus operator to another. Please contact any of our executives for complete details or enter your ticket number on the print ticket tab to read the cancellation policy for your ticket.
* The transaction charges or the reservation charges, will not be refunded in the event of ticket cancellation
6. In case a booking confirmation e-mail and sms gets delayed or fails because of technical reasons or as a result of incorrect e-mail ID / phone number provided by the user etc, a ticket will be considered 'booked' as long as the ticket shows up on the confirmation page of www.BusSeat.lk .
7. BusSeat.lk does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of or the result of the use of the material on the site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise, insofar as such material is derived from other service providers.
BusSeat.lk will not be liable to you or to any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused from out of the information derived by you through your usage of this Site. In no event shall BusSeat.lk be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of information provided on the website in so far as such information is derived from other service providers.
1. By accepting the terms and conditions the customer accepts that BusSeat.lk may send the alerts to the mobile phone number provided by the customer while doing booking or to any such number replaced and informed by the customer. The customer acknowledges that the alerts will be received only if the mobile phone is in ‘On’ mode to receive the SMS. If the mobile phone is in ‘Off’’ mode then the customer may not get / get after delay any alerts sent during such period.
2. BusSeat.lk will make best efforts to provide the service and it shall be deemed that the customer shall have received the information sent from BusSeat.lk as an alert on the mobile phone number provided during the course of ticket booking and BusSeat.lk shall not be under any obligation to confirm the authenticity of the person(s) receiving the alert. The customer cannot hold BusSeat.lk liable for non-availability of the service in any manner whatsover.
3. The customer acknowledges that the SMS service provided by BusSeat.lk is an additional facility provided for the customer’s convenience and that it may be susceptible to error, omission and/ or inaccuracy. In the event the customer observes any error in the information provided in the alert, BusSeat.lk shall be immediately informed about the same by the customer and BusSeat.lk will make best possible efforts to rectify the error as early as possible. The customer shall not hold BusSeat.lk liable for any loss, damages, claim, expense including legal cost that may be incurred/ suffered by the customer on account of the SMS facility.
4. The customer acknowledges that the clarity, readability, accuracy, and promptness of providing the service depend on many factors including the infrastructure, connectivity of the service provider. BusSeat.lk shall not be responsible for any non-delivery, delayed delivery or distortion of the alert in any way whatsoever.
5. The customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless BusSeat.lk and the SMS service provider including its officials from any damages, claims, demands, proceedings, loss, cost, charges and expenses whatsoever including legal charges and attorney fees which BusSeat.lk and the SMS service provider may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out of (i) misuse, improper or fraudulent information provided by the customer, (ii) the customer providing incorrect number or providing a number that belongs to that of an unrelated third party, and/or (iii) the customer receiving any message relating to the reservation number, travel itinerary information, booking confirmation, modification to a ticket, cancellation of ticket, change in bus schedule, delay, and/or rescheduling from BusSeat.lk and/or the SMS service provider.
6. By accepting the terms and conditions the customer acknowledges and agrees that BusSeat.lk may call the mobile phone number provided by the customer while doing booking or to any such number replaced and informed by the customer, for the purpose of collecting feedback from the customer regarding their travel, the bus facilities and/or services of the bus operator.
7. Grievances and claims related to the bus journey should be reported to BusSeat.lk support team within 10 days of your travel date.